28 Jul Meet Our Yoga Instructor
The Aveda Institute Madison is currently offering yoga classes 3 times a week. Classes are currently being taught by Aubree Saia. Aubree Saia, 500 E-RYT, began her practice more than 20 years ago, and has been sharing her love of yoga with others for the past 16 years. She has been blessed to assist with her inspiring teachers Shiva Rea, Dr. Judith Kravitz, and has spent many moments studying in the presence of numerous master teachers. Read our Q&A with Aubree below.
- What are the benefits of Ashtanga and Pranavinyasa yoga?
Aubree: Benefits of a regular yoga practice are many:
– Harmonizes overall well being
– Yoga GLOBALLY trains your whole being: mind, body, spirit
– PRANA, the life force is circulated throughout your entire system-awakening the energy body
– The nervous system is soothed and energized, reducing stress
– The glandular system is stimulated; creating hormonal harmony & balance
– The cardiovascular & circulatory systems are strengthened and invigorated-improving the flow of all fluids in the body(majority of the body is fluid filled)
– The digestive & elimination systems are activated and regulated
– Sweating once a day rejuvenates the skin-Your skin glows
– Creativity flows strongly
– 3 times per week is a good start, 5 times a week is better. Everyday practice is amazing! An erratic practice will not produce abundant results. Remember, the key is a REGULAR practice. You reap what you sow.
2. Do you have to be an experience yogi to attend your classes at the AVEDA Institute Madison?
Aubree: No experience is required to attend. ALL are welcome!
3. How long have you been practicing yoga? What has made you stick with it for so long?
Aubree: I’ve been practicing yoga for more than 20 years & teaching in the Madison community for 16 years. Yoga has become a way of life for me, a lifestyle that supports me in every aspect of my life. It’s a gift that keeps on giving.
4. Who has been your great mentor/teacher?
Aubree: It’s difficult to just name one…Time spent with Shiva Rea has awakened my creativity and feminine energy. My two children are probably my greatest teachers. My own breath has taught me sooooo much.
5. Why is yoga so important for the times we live in?
Aubree: In today’s day and age, we are all living a fast forward, hyper pace with constant bombardment & stimulation from many directions. Yoga is a wonderful counterpose to the busyness of life. It’s allows space to slow down, reflect, move energy and have fun in the process